Saturday, June 12, 2010

Whatever

Today my mom and I had a talk. I told her that I don't think I am for this profession. I also told her that I should have done this years ago. Her response almost made me cry. She said that it's not yet too late: I can still do whatever I dreamed of, and could go back to school. She even suggested to send me to a good school in the city but I declined the offer. I can't afford the fees (I don't want her to spend a single centavo). Right now, I'm doing more research for this change. I am still going to volunteer in hospitals while working in a different field and while studying. I am not going to close my doors to deeper realization in the future especially in my present profession. Who knows, I might get back to it one day. I promise to pursue whatever profession that will leave me satisfied. Truth hurts but a number of nurses nowadays see nursing as a money-generating profession more than its caring role. I want to steer away from that mentality and attitude. If I'll go back to nursing, I'll make it sure that I'll be doing it because it's something that I love. And if ever I'll be working out of the country, it shouldn't be out of financial need, rather an opportunity for professional growth. I'm giving myself 3-4 months to decide on this...

No comments:

Post a Comment