Monday, July 5, 2010

Focus

I'm fresh from Agusan del Sur! I'm my grandma's private nurse for a day. Being there helps me a lot to think things through.

Today I just received a message instructing me to call their establishment. A month ago, I applied a certain position in their institution and that position is so unrelated to nursing. My parents would not disapprove any job that's unrelated to my field. But surprisingly, during the phone interview, I told the interviewer that I would decline the position. It's a shifting job. I could have accepted it if it does not include Saturday for I allot weekends for my profession. He said it's up to me if I would accept the job or give it up. I decided to give it up. I don't know why I did that. Maybe I still see hope in our profession. It feels so good to be a nurse, to devote yourself to other people. If I'm purely motivated by money, I would not hesitate to accept the job but it's not like that. I want to do things with love. Just like in the present. I love my writing job - I learn A LOT from it and I am able to express myself. Plus, it still allows me to be a nurse =) I'm still a novice and there are still a lot of things I need to learn. And nursing is all about skills (and skills need some exercise too so I need to act NOW). 

Have a wonderful week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment