Wednesday, September 8, 2010

20ish

Courtesy of Google Images
Let's talk about quarter-life crisis. According to Wikipedia, it is the stage of a young person entering the "real world." True enough.

I used to tell my friends that I still don't know what to do with my life. And the fact that I'm not alone in this plight is comforting. I want to become a doctor,  teacher, social entrepreneur, and an artist. But there are certain things that keeps me from taking the risks. One of which is the fear of leaving my comfort zone. Almost everyone I knew want to be in my position in this arena to earn money. I don't hate money. I know it's value and what it can do. But on a deeper thought, is it all I needed to survive? 

I badly wanted to take the first step towards my dreams this year. I'm just too darn coward to be dubbed as selfish. Sometimes it make me wonder if my parents think that way too. I live in a country where almost every family expect their children to help them in turn on the financial aspect. I'm not against that but what if the children want to do something else? Is it a selfish act? Is it selfish to dream of becoming someone who will help save more lives in the future? 

Every time my mother goes home tired from work, it make me wanted to do everything for her. But I still want to do more. I feel like having to choose between two things that I loved most. 

I just wish that one day, I'll be able to come up with a definite and sound choice that benefits everyone. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment