Friday, December 31, 2010

Hello 2011!

Few more hours and we're going to officially say goodbye to 2010 and welcome 2011. It's been a great year. There were ups and downs but look at us, we're still here, I'm still here blogging - lol. Looking back, 2010 had been a soul-searching moment for me. I didn't realize how much blessing it is to be in this profession not until this month. There were realizations and there were risks taken. But one essential thing I've learned this year is that it's never too late to start something new. It's definitely a roller coaster ride. I've been into 4 different jobs in just a year! True, I committed mistakes but those don't make me less of a person. I've learned from them and would certainly keep them in mind with the upcoming year. 

I just can't fathom why my heart's leaping this very moment. Excited? Yes. 2011 is a new page to start. I'm looking forward to meet new people, travel to new places, and gain more insights as well. I'm no longer afraid to stumble for it is through life's bumps that we truly can measure the strength that we have inside. 

Highlights of 2010:
January - passed the Nurse's Licensure Examination (one of the best blessings this year!)
February - saying goodbye to my Korean students
March - starting a new job (my 1st real job)
April - start of my nursing career (seminars, trainings, etc.)
May - first heartbreak (saying goodbye to my 1st job)
June - 1st tapak and a little bit of experience in a 1,200-bed capacity hospital (due to IV training completion)
July - start of my writing career online (well, it really started on mid-June)
August - started thinking of my career path (diagnosed with the so-called quarter life crisis)
September - October - hands-on experience as a registered nurse 
November - soul-searching moment
December - resolution (was finally able to have a clear picture of my career path)

I don't really believe in New Year's resolution but let's admit it, it's a fun way to start the year. So far, I have this short list of 'things to do' this year (oh diba, para maiba naman). 
*Take good care of myself MORE
That simply means eating healthy food more often, doing more physical activity (not just brisk walking), pampering myself regularly, and getting sufficient sleep.

*Visit new places
2010 has been so generous. I've tried new things and visited places I've only had read in the internet and magazines. So this year, I would like to do it more often. Visiting new places and trying something new surprisingly gives me better perspectives in life. They empower you in a different way and make you feel more driven in life.

*Save more
Frugality is my second name and I won't be breaking that this 2011.

*Keep an open mind
I've gained insights from being in situations that I really don't want to be in. That's why I wanted to grab each and every opportunity that'll come along as long as it holds some sort of relevance to the kind of person that I want to be.

That's it! So let me wish everyone a Happy New Year! May this year bring us more happiness, peace, and love. =D 

No comments:

Post a Comment