Saturday, April 16, 2011

Wakeboarding Fun!

Grace and I had finally pushed through with our plan. Finally, we're able to try wakeboarding! It was our first time and it wasn't easy. We had a brief orientation before we tried it but I guess I forgot 50% of what the instructor said (forgot to lean forward, extend arms, swim away, push the board, and more! LOL). I was only able to try it twice while Grace and her sister were able to do 2 more complete rounds.


Deca Wakeboard Park



How much?
Since we did it on a Saturday, the halfday fee is P400 while whole day is I think P800 (not sure with this).

Is it safe?
Yes, it is. Just remember what the instructor said and NEVER take off your protective gear.

TIPS:
1. If you're planning to do it on a weekend, be early. We arrived at around 9am, ate our lunch by 10:30am and when we got back, there were already a LOT of people.


2. Do not bring food and water. The establishment has its own restaurant and they don't allow bringing of food and drinks.

3. Do some stretching exercises beforehand. Trust me, you'll be thankful that you did.

Note:
I only did knee boarding (the most basic of all) but would definitely try the 'real wakeboarding thing' the next time around.


Fun, fun, fun!

*Scuba diving, wakeboarding - done! What's next? Zipline or white water rafting!*

2 comments:

  1. Wow, this is really nice. I love to try them too but was not able to find time to do so. So, you also do have this one in Davao?


    http://melandriaonline.info

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    Thanks for dropping! Yeah, I also did this in Davao =) There are a lot of things that you can do in Davao, to name a few: scuba diving, wakeboarding, zipline, and white water rafting =)

    ReplyDelete