Sunday, November 6, 2011

Making Peace with My Body

I've always been plump. When I was still in primary school, some boys in the neighborhood and in school would often call me names: baboy, balyena, etc. But you know what, those didn't affect me because I'm fine with my body. 

High school came and insecurities started to blur my perception of myself. I started to go on a limited-carbs diet.  I live with 3 crackers for breakfast, meat on lunch, and nothing for dinner. I lose weight but it didn't help boost my self-esteem. I envied girls who are slick thin no matter how much they eat. I hated my body - arms, thighs, and butt. 

I guess things started making sense to me when I was in 4th year of high school. I love eating out and realized that my body has nothing to do with my self-esteem or happiness. And I can't continually live a life pleasing other people. 

At present, I still feel insecure at times but compared to the previous years, I'm happier and had made peace with my body. 

God gave me this body and I must be grateful for it. I eat healthy food not because I wanted to lose weight or attract someone but because I wanted to take care of myself. 

Life is too short to live a life of insecurities :)

A promise to myself: I won't be committing to a relationship unless I can feel that I love myself 101% - that I wanted to kiss "me". LOL

Have a great Sunday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment