Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Don Beppe Restaurant

Last November 26, my soul sister Grace and I decided to try this Italian restaurant found at The Peak, Gaisano Mall of Davao. Frankly, I was quite apprehensive because I might go beyond my budget ;p

We arrived in the place at around 7 p.m. and it's almost full. It was well-lit and a good place to dine either with your family or friends.



I spotted a good place and so while our tables our being set-up, Grace and I had a chance to take some snapshots of the place.

After minutes of waiting, we were given the menu and it took us some time to choose. Grace and I ordered beef lasagna, pasta carbonara, and their Don Beppe pizza. There's really nothing unusual with what we ordered and now I've thought we should have tried something new.


Minutes after giving our orders, we were asked by Don Beppe himself if it's ok with us to transfer to another table since they do have a reservation for 4. I personally don't mind transferring to another table since I believe the table we occupied is really for 4 or more people, not just for 2.

Transferring to another table is really not a big deal for me but I was just quite disappointed with the way it happened. Maybe they're on a rush when transferring the utensils, etc but I don't know, it just doesn't feel like you're being treated as a customer.

I still managed to smile despite my disappointment :/

We feel really uncomfortable with the setup. One, the table was too small for the plates and our orders. Michael, one of the service crew, was kind enough to bring another table for us.

It took some time before our orders arrived. We were really starving but we could see the effort from the staff to make us feel comfortable (although we're not!).

Don Beppe could have seen our discomfort and maybe disappointment so he gave us 10% discount and assured us that accommodation will be better next time (I don't know if THERE WILL STILL BE NEXT TIME).

Finally, our orders arrived!

beef lasagna


pasta carbonara


Don Beppe pizza

There's nothing unusual to rave about their food except for the pizza that I really like.

So here's my rating (out of 5):

Food - 3/5

Value for money - 2.5/5

Ambience - 4/5

Customer Service - 2.5/5

Have you tried Don Beppe restaurant? How's your dining experience?

2 comments:

  1. Pizza's good at Don Beppe! and if you are in a group, the baked chicken is fantastic. It's worth a repeat visit!

    I like their pasta - few pasta dishes in Davao are given the authentic Italian treatment

    ReplyDelete
  2. Likewise, I love the pizza at Don Beppe. I usually partake of my meals at lunchtime or enjoy an early dinner whenever I go out, so I don't experience the crowding issue.

    Other favorites: My folks like the lasagna - very meaty. The staff recommends the Roma Beef, which is, as they say, the best seller, and I must agree. Quite tasty, with generous toppings.

    I hope you can post updates on your new restaurant discoveries soon.

    ReplyDelete