Friday, January 6, 2012

24!

I just turned a year older! Yikes!

It's the kid in me that makes me think of birthdays as something special. It's one of my favorite times of the year, along with Halloween (because of horror movies), Christmas, and New Year. I may not always have a thousands-worth of celebration each year but I get more than that. The morning birthday greeting kiss from my mom, dad and the rest of the family's greeting over breakfast, via phone, SMS, and even thru social media  are indeed priceless.

Wow. I can't believe I'm 24, just a year older when my mom got married and the age when my mom had my brother. I'm still in the state of wondering..what a 24-year-old woman should do? Should I travel more, start dating (remember, I'm a late bloomer) or just enjoy the journey? The latter sounds like fun and more challenging. 

Do you believe in birthday wishes? 
I don't but I do believe in 'birthday promises.'

This year, as I turn a year older, I promised myself to become a better person each day. I'll spend my time on worthwhile things, value and spend more time in honing relationships, explore more (places, people, opportunities), and occasionally, get out of my comfort zone. 

Happy 24th to me! :)


4 comments:

  1. explore more and enjoy life, while you're still young. happy birthday Joann!! God bless you more this year, and onwards. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Talinggaw: I say YES to that! hehe. Thanks for the greeting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday Joann! Last time akong nagka-cake with my name on it was when I celebrated my 27th birthday with my family. Medyo matagal na haha More years of blogging for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Aleah: thank you! Actually I got that image from a cake generator..hehe. The last time I had a 'real' birthday cake with my name on it was during my 18th birthday. :D

    ReplyDelete