Saturday, February 11, 2012

Dreams and Reality

I longed to explore different places, be one with nature, and keep the peace within. But when college came, priorities were changed and I set aside my dream of traveling.

When I finally tasted freedom from academic responsibilities, childhood dreams resurfaced. At times, I find it too overwhelming to resist. Thus, when financial matters settled and the right time came along, I booked my first plane ticket. I became a kid again. Definitely, it was one of the best moments of my life. It's the realization that yes, everything is possible. And yes, you can make your dreams come true. 

Traveling became one of my priorities in life. It has become more than just a once a year event. Slowly, I'm becoming one of those people whose life has never been the same again because of this passion. 

However, yesterday when I was called for an interview, reality hit me. The profession that I ditched for a while needs to be revived, not just for my parents who spent thousands of pesos to help me make it through but as well for myself. I need a career.

I'm placed again in the middle of the road. I love traveling and what it does to me. When I'm in a new place, I feel at total bliss. Though yes, it's possible for me to travel and work at the same time. That is, if only I'm living for myself but I'm not. You see, I want to help my parents and give them the best life for they deserve it. 

Decision making is freaking hard especially if you're asked to choose between that one thing you love and that one thing you ought to do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment