Sunday, February 12, 2012

Product Review: Neutrogena T/Sal Shampoo

Photo Source

I've been suffering from dandruff as early as 12 years old. It wasn't that serious that time. I was just only complaining of itchiness and ugly and embarrassing flakes. When I reached high school and when stress starts building up due to academic pressure, my scalp condition worsened. As far as I could remember, I tried all means to get rid of it.

From home remedy (using lemon) to over-the-counter medication (Nizoral shampoo), I tried all of it but none of them works. Just recently, as I was examining my scalp in front of the mirror, I was close to fainting when I figured out that my dandruff grows from worse to worst. I even plan to consult a dermatologist for fear that it might be more than just a dandruff. Aside from itchiness, I'm complaining of flakes that covers my entire scalp. It's really not a good sight and pretty embarrassing especially when I'm wearing black. I also steer away from wearing my hair in high ponytail because the ugly dandruff is very much visible when I combed my hair as close to my scalp.

I don't know if it's a blessing or just some sort of luck to come across Neutrogena T/Sal shampoo. I was just browsing for conditions like seborrheic dermatitis when results of this shampoo appear. Out of curiosity, I opened one of the reviews and was left with awe as this shampoo gained positive results from more than half of its users. Thus, I came to conclude that it could be really effective.

The next step I took is to look for a local supplier as I'm not quite sure if this one's available in the malls here in Davao. I luckily found one from eBay. This shampoo is priced at P450 + 90 shipping fee for those living in Mindanao area. Without hesitation, I filled out the order form and settled the payment thru bank deposit. The package came after 2 days of waiting.

I used this shampoo during the day I was set for an interview. It's fragrance-free, color-safe, and doesn't leave your hair dry. Right after a quick shower, I examined my scalp and was more than delighted not to see a speck of flake! Before using this shampoo, flakes are already visible even right after taking  shower.

Neutrogena T/Sal shampoo is dermatologically-tested. It has 3% Salicylic Acid, an ingredient proven to break down crusty flakes.

I'm loving it! This is definitely a miracle shampoo.

4 comments:

  1. Glad you've found that miracle thing. A bit expensive but really worth your money anyhow. Like you, I've had seborrheic dermatitis and I used different anti-dandruff shampoos before. At the end, I found out that it's the shampoo that gives irritation to my scalp. But I couldn't resist not using shampoo so wherever I go I bring with me conditioner, applying it all over and gives my scalp a thorough massage then after 3 minutes or more I rinse it off and voila! No dandruff flakes anymore.. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Good for you. I've tried a good number of shampoos but this is the only one that works for me. Yeah, it's a bit pricey for a shampoo but I can no longer bear the ugly sight and itchiness of dandruff. hehe

      Delete
  2. Now that you mention it, this is the first time that I’ve read/heard of this shampoo.. Hmmn, matry nga :D
    xo,
    ~Pauline @Kallony

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great find! I’m glad that it removed your dandruff. :)
    xo,
    ~Pauline @neutrogena philippines

    ReplyDelete