Thursday, March 22, 2012

Because of Wanderlust

It's been 2 days since we left Manila, the last leg of our week-long Luzon trip yet I still find myself in the state of nostalgia. I will never regret that trip despite the bruises that I got from sand boarding and 4x4 sand dunes experience, sun burn from trekking, pimples from constant exposure to dust and other pollutants, and many more. Besides, the good side of the trip still outweigh the bad ones.

Prior to our Luzon trip, I could not see myself traveling long-term for a number of reasons: 1. packing all the essentials, making sure that they fit in one bag is stressful 2.the thought of being away from home makes me sick 3. pushing myself outside my comfort zone isn't my cup of tea. But at the end of our 7-day trip, I've realized that I can do it.

My back still aches for carrying that 10-kilo luggage, the bruises are still very visible, and I still have the sun-kissed color but nevertheless, the experiences that we had, the people that we met, the renewed friendship and trust within ourselves are enough to compensate for all of them.

Right now, I'm still adjusting back to my daily routine. It isn't easy. Many times of the day, I find myself reminiscing of the times we got lost, had fun, and just lived at the present.

I should be writing an article right now for work but my mind wanders on my next travel destinations: Bacolod, Mati perhaps for surfing, CDO-Bukidnon, and Palawan. Oh dear, please tell me I haven't been bitten by the travel bug! :)

4 comments:

  1. Yes, you're bitten by the travel bug! hehe...

    Anyway, you're tagged! Please check my recent post for the details, enjoy! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha. Bitten by the travel bug na nga :)

      Delete
  2. It's one bite you certainly enjoy, di ba? ;) Buti ka pa nga nakapag sand dunes na, ako hindi pa rin haha Gotta target Northern Luzon next time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sobra! Nakaka-addict magtravel ;p If you're targeting Northern Luzon, you better try sand dunes, it's a great experience!

      Delete