Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Let's Talk About Passion

I woke up early and spent the first few minutes checking the news feed of facebook. I'm more than elated to see the changes in the people's lives - some are getting married, single acquaintances are now in a relationship, and others are getting good at what they're doing. Don't worry single friends (and self), this post will not be all about relationships but rather will be on the latter part, of life's passions and  finding them.

Photo Source

When people find their passion, of things they believe they're born to do, they got this relentless positive energy that keeps them going. They love what they do so they're happy and goes home fulfilled despite the workload. Believe it or not, it took me years to find my passion. At least, I've exerted effort looking for them and didn't dwell on 'what-ifs'. I did things that other people thought were crazy or during those times, stupid. But I didn't regret any of those as by doing them, I found what I believe I'm born to do. 

I believe I'm born to travel and to write. Writing has been easy for me even during younger years. I write for myself 'til I got the chance to write for the school paper. I didn't get to bag awards from interschool newspaper competitions but I achieve enough from essay writing contests. 

Traveling, on the other hand, is another passion that I have just stumbled upon. I guess this explains why during my younger years, I have this unexplained giddiness each time my mom would take me to places - within and outside the city as she works in a construction firm. 

My heart's also leaps with entrepreneurship and arts. I have this love affair for both of these things that I can see myself in the future managing a number of businesses both online and offline. These two other passions are a result of growing up with a mother who's fond of doing DIY projects and selling them. She's been into food, art, and money lending businesses. This is why my brothers and I grew up having that entrepreneurial spirit. 

Photo Source
It feels so good to be doing what you love and even with just the process of acting upon them. 
If you haven't found them yet, keep looking (Steve Jobs). Life's too short to keep yourself from being happy.

How about you? What are your passions in life?
Feel free to share! 

4 comments:

  1. That's cool, I'm impressed. Actually, I do like how you express your thoughts here. Keep it up :D About the passion and loving the job, I think it's not a lot we know people, even among our circle of friends and families that are loving their jobs or hobbies. Some were just "loving" it for the sake that they're maybe earning better than what they are passionate to work with, or some have just no choices at all.. but yeah, the bottomline is, keep going and never give up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping here Gracie! Yeah, I met so many people telling me that they learned to love their job because they have no choice. Well, we actually have choices, we just need to take full responsibility for whatever is the outcome :)

      Delete
  2. I believe I already know what I really want to be or what I really want to do, and that is teaching. But for the meantime, I have to continue working on some other job, not because I have no choice but because I still have to consider important people in my life and that is my family. In time, I know I'll be able to work on my passion, I'll just have to wait for the right time. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When that day comes, I'll be one of those people who will be very happy for you :) Kahit ako, hindi ko ma.pursue full-time ang passion ko in life because of some factors pero let's be confident that someday we'll be able to push them through :)

      Delete