Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Thoughts on Solo Traveling

One of the things that I'd like to accomplish this year is to travel solo. Solo traveling for me seems like an empowering move whether you are a male or female. It will test your independence and even faith in yourself. It will push you beyond your comfort zone which I think is a good thing.

Being the only daughter in the family, I grew up some sort of 'protected'. I've never really done something alone that I could be proud of. Yes, I experienced traveling alone but it's always for family affair or work. Thus, this year, I wanted to try it again but this time to test myself and really go out of my comfort zone.

Here are some places that I'm considering for my solo travels:
  1. Bacolod
  2. Palawan
  3. Camiguin
  4. Sagada
  5. Thailand 
  6. Cambodia
  7. Vietnam
Have you tried solo traveling? How's your experience? 

3 comments:

  1. I also would like to go solo but I haven't found enough courage yet, but I wish to do it this year. Good luck to us Joann! hehe...

    BTW, been to Thailand with a friend last year, it's my first travel abroad, got lots of memorable experiences. Though I haven't tried it solo, I think it's relatively safe to go there alone. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really, really want to visit Thailand this year and then from there, travel by land to reach Cambodia. How much did you spend when you're there?

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. PM sent, check your FB. :) I want to go to Cambodia too, via Vietnam 'coz I've been to Thailand already. Next year na lang Cambodia, sama ko...hehe!

    ReplyDelete