Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Lessons Learned from Travel Bloggers

There's no doubt that traveling is truly one of the things I'm passionate about. Before I started my own travel blog, I'm already a follower of many of these existing travel blogs. These bloggers do not only inspire me to go out and explore the world but also taught me some of the important lessons in life:

1. If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it
One of the traits that I truly admire with these travel bloggers is their boldness to go after what they want. Almost all of us wanted to explore the world but only few really make it happen. This is similar to having a dream. I'm sure you're not just the only person who wanted that dream - be it to become a doctor, teacher, chef, entrepreneur, etc. but only those who are brave enough can actually make it. So if you have that dream, go and make it happen. You'll really never know what happens next until you take the plunge.

2. It's essential to know what makes you feel alive
What makes you feel alive? What is that one thing that you can do for free? Yes, I'm talking about passion here. If you want to be successful (whatever it means to you) in life, you have to define what you really want. Nurture that and keep doing it.

3. You are your own limitation
Most of the travel bloggers I know are regular citizens like us - they're not celebrities, just the typical working class. But these men and women prove that you don't have to be rich in order to travel. Do you know how they make it happen? They just think they CAN. Human brain is more powerful that you thought it is so program it well.
"Whether you think you can or you cannot, you are right."

4. Live in the present
Many of us are afraid to do that one thing we're truly passionate about because we have so many "what ifs". We think too much of the future that we tend to forget that we're still on the present. 

5. You can be anything you want
This is actually closely related to #3. Reading these travel blogs made me realize that we can be anything what we want as long as we set our mind to it. Of course, dreaming isn't enough. It always require hard work and dedication. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Joann,

    Glad I stumbled upon your blog today. :) You're definitely right. I echo you in saying that travel bloggers have also inspired me to pursue my wanderlust. Let's keep on spreading the travel bug!

    Cheers!

    Reiza
    http://www.wander-if-you-must.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Thanks for dropping by. I've been reading your blog for quite sometime now :D Yes, let's spread the travel bug!

    ReplyDelete