Monday, April 9, 2012

Things I Should Have Told My 18-Year Old Self

Dear Joann,
I should have told you that your grades may be something but THEY ARE CERTAINLY NOT EVERYTHING. Stop depriving yourself with sleep. Your health is worth more than a 96 grade in Physics. Stop crying over your Statistics quiz where you got one of the lowest scores. Remember, there's more to life than that.


Aside from sleep, you're depriving yourself with food because you're obsessed with being thin. Thank God for that body and for those legs. Many people would do anything just to be normal :) Attain fitness and not thinness. 

When I was 18, I was really obsessed with being thin.
I'm happy though that you've given your self a chance to fall in love. It has never been easy to admit that you fall for this guy. Be thankful for that experience. At least, by now, you are pretty aware that it's never good to fall for someone whom you've considered as your friend (and one of the closest ones you've got) :)

You've always turned down your friends' invitations. I should have told you that you don't have to do that. Striking a balance between work (err, study) and play is the key.




Continue to value your family. This group of people, who have seen the worst and best in you, will be your #1 critic and supporter. Always find time to be with them.


I can't imagine my life without them. 
Life's better with them!
Face your fears, never give up, and follow your dreams! 


Give your best shot!
Show the world what you've got.
P.S. These photos were taken during my 18th birthday. As of this writing, that's 6 years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment