Friday, May 25, 2012

Learning How to Swim

It's embarrassing to admit but yes, at the age of 24, I still don't know how to swim. I believe swimming is one of the most basic skills that one should learn. My desire to surf, cliff dive, and swim with the whale sharks only intensified my will of learning this skill. While I'm still saving up and contemplating whether I'd really push through with formal swimming lessons, I asked my good friend Grace to teach me the basics in swimming.


Last Friday, we went to Brokenshire Convention and Resort at Madapo Hills, Davao City. Admission fee in the said venue is P100 for both adults and children. The use of open cottages is free but there's corkage of around P250/container for food and P100-200 for the drinks (forgot the exact amount). They are open 'til 10 pm. 


the student and the teacher :p
For almost 2 hours, my pseudo twin sister patiently taught me on how to float and other basic steps for me to learn how to swim. Buti na lang may natutunan ako kahit mag-float man lang ;p

I should have bought goggles because the water's hurting my eyes :(
I can do this!
I went swimming again yesterday. However, what supposed to be another basic swimming lesson with my brother ended up into leisurely swimming. I really, really want to learn how to swim so I decided to save up for formal swimming lessons and maybe, while saving up, learn the basics on my vacant days.

Do you know how to swim?
How did you learn?
I'll be glad to read your tips :)





2 comments:

  1. I know how to but just the basics as well. My father taught me how to float when I was young.

    Good luck with the swimming lessons.

    ReplyDelete