So, what's up everyone?
Did you enjoy your holiday?
Well, I did though Christmas was celebrated with me the only one eating our noche buena food and New Year with me and my parents the only ones celebrating. But it's still a good celebration :)
Happy New Year by the way!
2013 marks a special year. This month, I just turned a year older! Time flies so fast. It seems that I have just written my 24th birthday post yesterday. Just like my past birthdays, I chose to celebrate it simply. Aside from the fact that I have to report for work that day, my parents were also not around that time as they attended my cousin's wedding in the province. My special day was just celebrated by attending my first Sunday mass this year, sweet treat with my brothers, simple lunch prepared by my brother, and a 'festive' dinner with my workmates.
When I was younger, I've thought of grand things when reaching this age.
I've thought of a great career and traveling to so many places. While my career isn't in full bloom yet, at least, by now, I have some clear thoughts about it. As with traveling, I want to take pride of those small accomplishments - traveling solo and conquering travel-related fears :)
As I turn a year older, I'd like to share with you some of life's lessons I learned along the way:
- Whatever you do, give your best.
- Nothing substitutes experience.
- Failure and success are not each other's opposite.
- You do not have to fear in making mistakes. Life's all about learning. You commit a mistake and that's totally OK. Learn from it.
- Value relationships but NEVER compromise self-worth for it. A healthy relationship nourishes both (self and the relationship itself).
- Courage isn't the absence of fear. It's making a choice of taking action instead of asking 'what if'.
- Almost everything in life is possible.
- Being in a relationship isn't a foolproof way of being happy.
- Happiness is a choice and a matter of conditioning your mind.
- No one can make you inferior other than yourself.
- You are your own limitation.
- It's easy to like someone in a glance but to love a person completely and deeply, you need to know him/her more than what eyes can see and what those ears can hear.
- It's POSSIBLE for a man and a woman to be just friends.
- Life's too short to keep on postponing things that you think you wanted to do.
- Whatever it is that you think you'd like to pursue, DO IT NOW. Stop making excuses.
- There is more than one path.
- You live not just for yourself.
- Although you wanted to be in control, life surprises you when you learn to sometimes go with the flow.
- You are the captain of your own ship. Lead it to where you want to go.
- You are never too young or too old to do something grand or start something new.
- The world is beautiful. See it, explore it before your time's over.
- You only get to inspire others if you do things that inspire you.
- Time is the most important resource.
- Nothing beats a kid's smile/hug in your most stressful moment.
- Life is a grand adventure. Enjoy it!
How about you?
What did you learn when you were 25?
I'd love to read about them! :)